Sunday, September 4, 2011

Summer Catch-Up and progress on the home-front!

So it's been a busy summer and I haven't had a chance to download pictures, much less sit at the computer. Since we moved out of the house in June, we've been busy adjusting to shared living space and trying to enjoy this HOT summer. Chase is not a big fan of going to the pool or the beach so we've just stayed inside as much as possible this year. The way I look at it, is if you have to be outside in this heat, you have to be in or near water. I did manage to get him to run through the sprinklers a few times, but still not much interest. This makes a July birthday a little challenging but his party was a success no less.




Our big 3 year old!



Chase's birthday parties are never complete without a life-sized cardboard creation made by his Aunt Jess!


Jesse and I celebrated our 6th anniversary in August and decided on a last minute road trip to Oklahoma.  We took Chase with us and stopped at Arbuckle Wilderness which was a success!  Again, it was so hot and the animals were not very active, but we did have a few up-close and personal experiences! 


The Zebra were definitely the most friendly.  They walked from one car to the next, right up to the window looking for their next snack I'm sure. 



The Ostrich's were a little aggressive though, they really creeped me out. 


After visiting with the animals we went over to the amusement area where Jesse took Chase on his first go-cart ride.  He LOVED it! 



Now, for the most exciting news...the house progress.  They started dirtwork and foundation prep in early August and the foundation was poured this week.  Framing is next and we are looking forward to watching the progress!



Looking forward to Fall and COOLER weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment