Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Riding the Train


Last weekend we took Chase to ride the train in the Ft. Worth Stockyards. For those of you who don't know, Grapevine has a vintage railroad that runs between Downtown Grapevine and the Ft. Worth Stockyards. The train is pulled by a 1953 diesel engine. Here is a link for more info: http://www.gvrr.com/



Now, we've known that he is really interested in trains, but I was not prepared for how he would react to the real thing. We had him in the stroller when the train pulled into the station and he just about came out of it! He was pulling off the straps of his stroller trying to find a way to squeeze out. He was so excited! It was a great day. Very hot, but definitely worth it!


Here it is pulling into the station:









A picture from Chase's eye level:





Not good lighting, but his face says it all!




A view from the window looking over the Trinity River. Chase is pointing at the water.
















After the train ride, we went to the petting zoo.


Chase is waving at the um.....goat, I guess.... I'm sure I will be corrected on this one. I'm just not well versed on these. :)




Pony ride with Daddy.


1 comment:

  1. So glad y'all did this -- looks like everyone had fun.

    ReplyDelete